NO FEAR of Politics
Preparation is key:
Spain is the elections capital of the world. In fact, we are so good at ELECTIONING, that we have been in permanent elections for the last 3 years. If anyone wants to learn about an electoral process, just ask! Even US guiris (foreigners), who are not allowed to vote in national elections.
So here is a review of the candidates who are running for President of Spain in Sunday’s elections:
This begins a X part blog series about FEAR and Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole is next because I am tired of FEARful people getting in the way!
At least the presidential candidates have one thing that gives us HOPE...
All 5 candidates believe that 0-3 education should be a priority and that it should receive ample funding to make it possible for families to have proper care for their children (seen here):
The candidates have committed to investing 3% PIB/GDP (Producto Interno Bruto-Gross Domestic Product) in early years education and parental support. Which is exactly when the developing brain needs as much support as possible for humans to maintain their genius status The Baby Brain is Brilliant. And parenting is HARD! It takes a village to raise strong adults.
(Hopefully Spanish people will actually have children since political unrest, an unstable economy and an underpaid labor market = Spain's Birth Rate is the Second Lowest in the EU)
Investment in children is necessary, but without deciding who we want to be when when grow up or what we want 0-3 education to look like, it can be a total disaster. PLEASE ASK ME, Jill Stribling, WHEN READY TO MAKE A PLAN. We are Early Childhood Education Experts!
Why so Indecisive?
In the land of tapas y vino y FUN we have all of the tools with this sunshine and hard working people who truly love life. For Guiris, Spain is a NO BRAINER. But like every HUMAN…we never realize how lucky we are! A place that is safe, cheap and beautiful is taken for granted by those who have grown up with it handed to them on a platter (the world complains about Millennials, I see similarities). Also, risk-taking is not encouraged in Spain so if you make a decision you are criticized before, during and after!
Democracy or Not a Democracy...That is the Question?!?
Spanish democracy needs inspiration in order to evolve from the hierarchical and patriarchal models of last century. It is time for our grandparents to retire and let this next, highly-trained and highly-educated generation take over.
FYI...We will make mistakes and we will fail (just like you did grandpa) but we will pick ourselves up faster because we are in better physical and mental shape and we know how to work together much better than you guys did!
President NOW…NOT A PUPPET!
I am here to fight for Spain, the country that gave me a devoted family and the opportunity to educate in the American way and remove FEAR from the lives of English speakers who come to our community to learn and have FUN…
Ooh and the fabulous people and wine and tapas which are honestly the reason I stayed here in the first place!
Politicians of times past...if you are still influencing your party and elections and you do NOT know how to turn on an iPhone, please have your daughter click here:
WAKE UP CALL
Politicians, we know that you are distracting us because you are filled with FEAR (newsflash, ME TOO). We know your tricks so STOP trying to avoid real leadership (which means decision-making and risk-taking and inspiring HOPE for an even better country). Politics of the past allowed for this when there was limited television, no internet and controlled media. One strong leader was needed after a Civil War. It was necessary in the 1940s. And after a dictatorship ended in the 1970s. But society has evolved and in 2019 we should demand that our politicians do too!
Now for OUR FUN as VOTERS
Prepare yourselves politicians because your plan has backfired! We have learned something over the last 3 years While You Were Sleeping and making a mockery out of yourselves and your “profession”...
Instead of improving the quality of Spanish education PISA Worldwide Results 2015 Spain Below Average
Parents You Are VOTERS
Rafi inspires resilience for us all...
2019 snuck up on us and the rules of the game need to change. You’ve got this one...parenting is not for the weak! Don’t let politicians continue to distract you.
Remember, they have not been working for 3 whole years so they are FRESH and READY TO PROBLEM SOLVE!
- Make them set and achieve goals
- Make them start and finish tasks
- Make them get back to work and protect us so we can prepare Generation Z to fix the messes we have ALL created
I don’t want to live on MARS, do you?!?
I would like to end this post in a special way. I have written a love note for a FEARless election Sunday…
I welcome you all to SHARE, or even find inspiration and write, share and post your own versions...
While you were playing politics and generating FEAR, we were distracted and we started to act JUST like you. We got worried that we couldn’t manage ourselves without your help so we acted out in different ways Brené Brown and Vulnerability "doping" .
We became social media junkies and Midorexia: Adolescent Mindsets Hit Adulthood to avoid thinking about how to raise children during times of transition. And uncertain about our financial stability in the new economy, we started to act unethically (playing dirty politics). All because we were worried that we couldn’t do anything without your leadership!
But then something interesting happened…
We started to bond as a society over our DISGUST with ALL OF YOU and your tantrums, your racist rants , your blame throwing and you criticism instead of self-reflection! We started to study all of you at a deeper level and we realized that you are behaving that way because you are trying to hide the fact that you are AVERAGE:
We realized that many of you had poor working habits and you did whatever it took to “sacar un titulo” without even bothering to find pride in accomplishing a set goal and that you are not even curious enough to find joy in real learning!
It became obvious that we cannot trust your word at all and that you have no empathy or compassion for those suffering through your inability to work together for the good of your country (try owning a business sometime and see how you will react when politicians do this while you are trying to expand your growing business, find new customers and pay employees). We realized that the reality is that you are selfish and spoiled and you do not care about us AT ALL…
And then…we moved on without ALL OF YOU! And look what happened:
- Crime did not increase so we are civilized enough to govern ourselves and we actually do it better without you meddling in our affairs except in Cataluña where you politicians have been manipulating the system to increase your power and spending. And then to cover up your corruption and your bruised egos, you stacked the voting system with less people having more voting power to make decisions. You hoped that the more rural the area became, the less education they had. Spain's Small Towns Have NO Residents but their VOTES are More Powerful But your corruption lead to empty pueblos and people who have turned themselves into societal outcasts and they cannot even speak Spanish fluently, let alone English, so you are now earning less tax dollars than ever because the businesses and tourists have no desire to be there anymore. Newsflash…hungry people without HOPE burn trash cans and riot because they see how unfair the system is. When there is no hope, humans act out in rage!
- Over the last 3 years we have cut major spending because you cannot give favors when everyone is closely watching how you spend our money. The last recession’s looming return will time perfectly with another EU intervention since, even with budget cuts and more careful spending, the system is unmanageable in its current state, especially with unemployment this high. Spain will have to rely on other countries to teach them fiscal responsibility since the economics courses have not lead you to understanding how the basics of operating a system and budgeting and supporting an aging population, with the 2nd longest life expectancy in the world will be possible. Especially if young people don’t learn proper working habits during their formative working years (16-26 years old). No politician wants to be the one to say that "you cannot be retired longer than you worked". We all have to work more years and work more efficiently (less hours per day to improve quality). Thanks to your indecision and prolonged elections and drama, you will now have to face the changes without anyone else to blame! And hopefully it will not be necessary for the EU to highlight your ability to make careless people rich by stepping in AGAIN to control your AMEX black cards and “enchufismo” (connections) style contracts!
- Tourism is at an all-time high because the world is in transition (FEARS) and many places became unsafe to travel. Spain is an awesome and SAFE place to visit and that continued to evolve during the last 3 years because there are intelligent people who know not to “bite the hand that feeds us”. The people in this great country have enough common sense and manners to not let the messes in Cataluña spread to other areas of Spain. Barcelona, you wanted those tour boats to leave the TOURIST ATTRACTING port? Now you are all well-aware that those people helped feed you! Tourism and food and FUN is thriving and historically Spain is rich in all of the above so your silly politics only deterred people from certain regions, and there are plenty of receptive people in other parts of Spain waiting to have us guiris visit with our money (American flights to Tenerife Coming Soon).
Best of LUCK to you all on Sunday. It is obvious that you will have to find a way to cross party lines in order to form a government. Hopefully you can get it done quickly because business owners are exhausted by the governmental delays, stalled budgets and the banks refusing to give financing so many businesses are on the verge of closing!
Your WANNABE Voter and Constructively Critical Guiri
Owner & Founder
English for Fun
BTW…this is my first blog post solo and one where I had to learning a new and complicated CRM and Marketing Software. I have studied non-stop for 7 months with our team to learn how to operate Hubspot (like seriously new for me, and I avoid most computer stuff and new technology hates me, and learning a new HUGE system online created more FEAR for me personally than getting on a stage and speaking about myself as an expert (SEE MY NEWSLETTER ON FEAR).
Please be patient while I learn the system and know that this is the perfect example of what I represent for your families: perseverance, problem solving, constantly evolving, falling down and getting back up time and time again (even when it feels like everything is broken), doing whatever it takes and playing whatever role it takes to bring quality education and HOPE to your families.
Know that I learned this program with the same dedication and love that you all give to me. This is MY gift of GRIT and overcoming FEARS for all of you who have patiently supported me in the field of education for the last 23+ years!